Welcome! If you are joining me from Patricia T’s blog, I hope you enjoyed what she created. I am so proud to be part of a great group of ladies that are seriously talented!
This month I wanted to focus on Father’s Day! As a family with 4 kiddos (9, 5, 2, and 7 months) I think it is uber important to take the time to honor Mark for being an awesome Daddy! So, I started by creating this card…
Now, I don’t usually dream about stamps… okay I do, but don’t tell anyone! This card came to me in a dream although in a birthday card format, but when I sat down at my stampin’ table I *HAD* to use the concept! So, with that this card was born!
I added a spot of whisper white paper for the kids to sign (although the two oldest will probably want to make their own cards. I used markers to color directly on the stamp, huffed and stamped! You’ll notice that I had to alter the stamp “I dig you” to “we”.
Now onto his gift. A few years back (2009 to be exact) I made Mark a 12x12 scrapbook page in Old Olive with December 2009 lettering (using the Big Shot) and then each of the kids inked up their hands in versamark and we stamped their hands, we added white embossing powder and heat set and put in a shadow box frame. I’ve been wanting to do this again now that a) they have grown and b) we have 4 now! But their hands barely fit last time, so I got to thinking! Here is what I came up with. I was not able to get Addison’s done yet, but her’s will be heat embossed using the same MDS created background and Melon Mambo embossing powder! These will be put in frames and hung together! I found document frames (8.5 x 11) at the local dollar tree! I hope this inspires you to create something with your kids for this upcoming Father’s Day! If you have any questions about the projects show, please put it in a comment below, I read each and every one!
I hope that you have enjoyed the projects so far! Weather you are just joining us or are visiting from Patricia’s blog, I hope you will continue on and please don’t forget to leave a comment below, we can’t wait to read what you have to say!
- Annie L. of http://lovemecard.blogspot.com/">Love Me Cards
- Pam S. of http://www.stampininthesun77.blogspot.com/2012/06/june-blog-hop.html">Stampin' in the Sun!
- Rose C. of http://www.stampwithrose.blogspot.com/2012/06/june-blog-hop.html">Stamp with Rose
- Tonya B. of http://www.stampinwithtonya.blogspot.com/2012/06/june-blog-hop.html">Stampin' with Tonya
- Dawn S. of http://dawnscreativechalet.blogspot.com/2012/06/stylin-stampin-squad-blog-hop-woohoo.html">Dawn's Creative Chalet
- Patricia T. of http://sunnystampin.blogspot.com/2012/06/stylin-stampin-squad-june-blog-hop.html">Sunnyone Stampin'
- Heather W. of http://www.stamp-aholic.blogspot.com/2012/06/stylin-stampin-squad-june-blog-hop.html">Heather's Stampin' Blog
- Linda O. of http://www.stampatlindas.com/2012/06/my-entry.html">Stamp at Linda's
- Darcy J. of http://www.stampindj.blogspot.com/2012/06/stylin-stampin-june-hop.html">DJ's Stampin' Place
- Pam S. of http://www.sunnygirlscraps.com/stylin-stampin-squad-new-2012-2013-stampin-up-catalo">Sunny Girl Scraps
- Kim R. of http://www.rydenkim.blogspot.com/2012/06/stylin-stampin-squad-blog-hop.html">Stamping with Kim